Dentists are always reminding their patients to brush and floss their teeth. It’s the best way to ensure healthy teeth and gums. But we know that in spite of everyone’s best efforts, some of our patients are going to lose a tooth. When that happens, Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry in La Mesa recommends dental implants as the best solution.
In the past, if a patient in La Mesa had a missing tooth or a severely damaged tooth, dentists would suggest dental bridges or dentures, because they were the best options at the time. These days, state-of-the art dental implants have proven to be superior. They can also replace dentures or anchor dentures for some patients.
A dental implant provides many advantages over a dental bridge or dentures:
- Longevity – Dental implants are tough and permanent, and with proper care they can last ten years or more.
- Seamless – Fabricated to have the same shape, size and color of the original tooth, the implant will blend seamlessly with all the other teeth. We can fix any aesthetic issues the original tooth might have had.
- Function – A dental implant functions like a natural tooth allowing for normal eating and speaking.
- Convenience – Implant crowns don’t need adhesives, rinsing, or removal, unlike dentures.
- Independent – We will treat the dental implant individually. And, unlike bridges, we leave the adjacent teeth alone. Your dental implant is easier to clean since you can treat the implant like a “real” tooth.
Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry in La Mesa is skilled in dental implants. Our services also include general and cosmetic dentistry. Our entire dental care team is dedicated to providing “Five-Star” service.
Contact Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):