Dr. Hurtado was born and raised in Southern California. After he completed dental school he moved to the island of Oahu in Hawaii. There he practiced dentistry for 23 years. Dr. Hurtado decided to move with his Wife and 9 year old Son back to California to be closer to his family and to be able to work alongside with his colleague and friend of the last 11 years, Dr. Gray.
Dr. Hurtado values the time he gets to spend with his family. He also enjoys traveling, reading and playing golf.
Dr. Hurtado understands the significance of continual learning in dentistry which has led to special training in Cosmetics (Porcelain veneers), CEREC certification, Endodontics (Root canals), Implant placement, Sedation, Microscope-assisted dentistry, and Orthodontics (Invisalign and Six Month Smiles).
“Although I know that dental training is valuable for me becoming a better dentist, what I have learned over the years is that listening to each of my patient’s individual needs and wants is what takes priority over everything! By focusing on what my patient wants is key in designing a plan together to help move forward as a team to get the best possible outcome for my patient.”
Credentials and Memberships
- California Dental Association
- San Diego County Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- D.O.C.S. Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation
- Hawaii Dental Association
- Hawaii County Dental Society
- Graduate of the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry
- Kois Center Alumni
- Member of Crown Council since 2004
- Invisalign® Certified Dentist
- Voted “Best Cosmetic Dentist” in Honolulu Magazine’s Best Dentist Issue